Wake up! Season 5 has begun! I should have called this post "Shock And Awe" because that's how I feel after viewing episodes 1 & 2 Wednesday night. My brain is so full that I don't even know where to begin a coherent thought. So, I figured that I'd just bullet-point my reactions and stupefication. Suffice it to say, when they said that "bad things happened", I didn't think that they were going to be this bad!
* Marvin is one very frustrated, uptight, and rude dude. He must have a massive weight on this shoulders, and he's passing it on to those underneath him. Maybe, from what we learned in the '09 ComicCon video, he can't stand the lies either like Hurley can't.
* I'm glad that we finally know what the Arrow station was for.
* Interesting that the DI knows about the energy source, but didn't seem to know about the FDW before the sonar scanned it.
* What did Dan's jumpsuit say? It's way below where the names usually are, and my VHS pause is grainy.
* I believe that Ben knows exactly what happened after Jack left, but he's just pretending to Jack that he doesn't -- maybe Jack won't want to go back if he knows it's really freaky "miracle" type stuff that will require a leap of faith.
* Dan says either the island or the Left Behinders are moving, but he says probably the LBs.
* When Dan asked if everyone is accounted for, why did they imply only Locke? Claire's not with them either. But they didn't segue to her at all after the question, only Locke.
* Obviously a lot of the drama is going to be all the obstructions to getting the O6 back to the island, I didn't really expect so much of that.
* Are the two who attacked Sayid and Hurley the other two members that Ben spoke of? If so, then, on to the next question...
* Has Sayid abandoned helping Ben out, and that's why he told Hurely to do the opposite of what Ben says and beat up the guys who might have been with Ben and the Others?
* It's very interesting that Dan studied the DI so seriously, I wonder why? Maybe just because he knew of their work somehow.
* Did Locke's leg go wonky with Boone at the drug plane site because he got shot during the time skip? That might suggest overlapping time.
* Dumb Sawyer doesn't realize that if he takes food from the Swan, it will just disappear again with the next time skip, heehee. Probably even if he eats it? :-D
* I'm very worried about Charlotte's symptoms, even thought she's not high on my "likes" list, I actually like her better than Kate.
* I hope that Dan's mother knows what to do when Dez gets to her, and I'm very glad that Dan has some kind of plan. For what, who knows.
* I liked seeing AnaLu, but I really don't care for the living dead parts of the story the way that some viewers don't care for the time travel.
* I love that Hurley's mom believed him, I thought that she would have smacked him in the head after he finished.
*Who are those British guys? Widmore's peeps? And were they a part of the DI's defense resources at the Arrow?
* I can't wait to know more about the pendulum marker that Mrs.Hawking referred to while she was doing her calculations, but I doubt that we will learn much about it.
All in all, these were two great episodes. We got more than just cryptic hints (altho we got a lot of that too) but we were treated to more insider views of the DI workings and people, Mrs Hawking and her Time Lording, and Dan was much more forthcoming about what's going on than usual. My mind is still in a whirl!